Insights into the Customer’s Experience
We’ve been sharing insights on the customer’s experience since 1998. Here’s just a sample of what we’ve had to say on usability, user experience, accessibility, social media, content strategy, and open government.
- Responsive Design for Universal Access [Presentation]
- Engaging Users with Social Media [Presentation]
- Usability Testing with People with Disabilities [Presentation]
- Tackling UX Challenges with Accessibility Insights [Article]
User Experience magazine, May 2010.
- UX in the Boardroom: A Solid Case for Investing in UX [Article]
UXMatters, September 2009.
- Accessibility and Web 2.0
GOVERNING Magazine, September 2009.
- Usable Accessibility: Making Web Sites Work Well for People with Disabilities
Whitney Quesenbery, with quotes by Shawn Henry, Mike Paciello, and Kate Walser
UXMatters.com, February 2009
- Designing for Cognitive Disabilities
Whitney Quesenbery, Sarah Swierenga, Kate Walser
Usability Professionals’ Association Conference, June 2008
- The Future of Usability
Invited Speaker, UPA-DC Metro 2007 Usability Conference, October 2007
- Refreshing the Federal Accessibility Standards
Debbie Cook, Whitney Quesenbery, Mike Paciello, Jim Tobias, Kate Walser
Usability Professionals’ Association DC Chapter (UPA-DC), September 2007. Organized and moderated panel
Agile, Ajax, jQuery and More
- The UX of RIAs
What’s so different about designing and evaluating rich web apps? How you communicate that design and work with developers. Find tips and resources for designing mobile and web apps and working closely and efficiently with developers.
- Applied Design Principles for Rich Web Interactions
Kate leads a popular and highly-rated full-day tutorial at the UPA International conference on designing rich Internet applications (RIA). In May 2010, she will present in Munich, Germany.
May 2010, June 2009, June 2008.
- Web 2.0 Means Business
Maryann Lawlor interviewed and quoted Kate Walser in article discussing Web 2.0 and impacts on business.
AFCEA SIGNAL Magazine, May 2008
- Web 2.0: Usability Issues
Usability Professionals’ Association DC Chapter (UPA-DC) Metro 2007 Usability Conference, October 2007
Panel: Katherine Kendell, Jared Spool, Kate Walser, John Whelan
- Web 2.0 and the User Experience
UPA-DC, August 2007
- Designing Open Government that’s Inclusive
Kate presented a well-attended session on making OpenGov initiatives more inclusive at the Interaction10 conference in Savannah, GA. She described how government agencies should think about open government as a conversation with citizens, and follow design characteristics of great conversations.
- Government 2.0 & Usability
Alcora Walden (IRS) and Kate Walser
Gov 2.0 Camp, March 2009
- User Experience Requirements for Transparency to Succeed
Session co-presenter, Transparency Camp ’09, focused on open government, March 2009
- Virtual Government: Real Life Government Uses for Second Life
Kate Walser, Panel Leader; Panelists: Jean-Paul Boucher (SRA, now with Corner Alliance), Andrew Hoppin (NASA, now NY Senate CIO, Dr. Daniel Laughlin (NASA), Paul Sparrow (Newseum), and Dave Taylor (UK National Physical Laboratory)
The New New Internet Web 2.0 for Business, Government Conference, November 2007